Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Person of the Year - Time Magazine

I can’t blog in Tagalog! Hahahaha. I feel so incompetent in using the language. So I’ll stick to the language of my choice–English. I think in it, it was the first language I learned, and it’s the best language to express my thoughts with.

I’ve been busy for the past few months due to my work. At long last I can rest na...and go back to my normal life in the office, as for me...back to my real world. It’s that time of the year again when you just have to do something new. We’re suckers for lists fortune 500’s wealthiest people in the world; the best dressed, worst dressed lists; surveys about ourselves and the list goes on and on. And now, here’s the upcoming cover story of Time Magazine about the“person of the year” . Going with the trend this year 2006 has open a lot of opportunities for more and much better featured of “social networking site” such as: Friendster, Myspace, Multiply, You Tube and others that continue competing to each others to attract more people to share something over the internet.

What makes these more interesting is that you can sense the sincerity of everyone to share: be it a personal tidbit, or his opinion on a bit of news. When I started joining social online networks, I learned that being considerate of others will make more fun. You have to maintain a sense of diplomacy in your post, and that I am part of a global community after all.

Although the Internet can be a scary place indeed and joining social online networks is one of the ways to open up ourselves to the rest of the online community. But how much of yourself you would like to share is really up to you. You have control over that, nobody else. We interact with people everyday and the social online networks is simply an extension of this interaction.

No comments: